All Good?

Is SLI something you'd want to have in the future?

Also, I would personally get a new CPU cooler for that Q6600, rather than running with the one you get with it.
It'll run a lot cooler, and if you ever did decide to overclock, you would be able to very easily indeed without worrying about heat.

This is an okay one, and the only good one on there really:

http://www.itestate.com.au/products_detail.asp?code=PD00004863

For better cooling though, the Tuniq Tower 120 is amazing, but it is pure hell to fit if you don't know what you are doing, but it isn't listed :(

hmm i wouldnt mind SLI'ng but by the time i would need to sli i would probably be better off just buying the next new graphic card out as it will probably be better than two gtx's by that time anyway lol.. which makes me think y i am getting the asus striker i would probably be better off going for a cheaper mother board but i have VERY VERY limited knowledge when it comes to mother boards...yeah i heard the Q6600's cooler is pretty much a toss out.. all these things will be coverd if i have leftover money which i highly doubt seeying though i need to buy a desk and chair aswell lol... god computer parts are just TOO expenssive :(

I'd ask you to get the Abit IP-35 Pro, which is a nice non SLI board, and is one of the best overclockers out there (I have one myself).

It supports Crossfire, ATI's answer to SLI, which isn't half as good in my opinion, especially since the second PCI-E socket is forced to run at 4x speed rather than 16x with two cards installed.

Its not on the list though, which is a shame, but Asus boards can offer just as much, for example, the Blitz Formula

The next upgrades are coming now you see, in the next few months, so it is vital you get a motherboard that supports the new hardware, for example 45nm CPU's, and 1333mhz bus support. Just a load of technological twoddle, haha, but you best be on board with those features :p

Another thing is, DDR3 memory is out now, but it is well too expensive really to think about buying the stuff, so it still is best to buy a motherboard that supports DDR2.
It'll b here for a long while yet still I'm guessing.

This one prooves interesting though, capable of both DDR2 and DDR3 support, and is fully upgradable to CPU's coming next when you decide to upgrade in the future:
http://www.itestate.com.au/products_detail.asp?code=PD00005003

Review for you:
http://www.custompc.co.uk/reviews/125932/asus-p5kc.html

i think there are new intel motherboards coming out soon that will support sli instead of crossfire,atm thats the main reason i wont buy the intel boards coz it is crossfire and im not into ati cards at all....

theres a new nforce board coming out aswell, which supports intel 45nm Multi-core CPU, ddr2/3 & pci-e 2.0

gigabytes P35 boards are amazing Overclockers, i did a build for a buddy 2 weeks ago, got a 2.0ghz C2D to hit 4.2 liquid cooled gigahertz

i think i will go with the Striker un-less i need to make price cuts then i will probably go with the one Kage gave me a link to because it seems pretty future proof and not too expenssive :) thanks heaps for all ur help! and apart from the motherboard is everything else on the list good? :)

get a x38 mobo, if you are lucky enough to be alive when they are finally released.,,,buy one.

pci-e 2.0, fsb, and other good ish.

I love my diamondback, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
It is slightly uncomfortable since it's ambidextrous in design, but it's not as bad as I make it sound. There's one problem I've noticed, the on the fly pointer speed adjustment doesn't work if you unplug it and move it to a different usb port. If you reinstall the drivers it will fix the problem, and I'm pretty sure it will also fix it if you move it back to the original port. Other than that it's a great feature that is pretty useful in FPS.

yeah i have read some good reviews on the razer range.. i thought it would be a bit bigger in the hand as unlike the logitech 'G' range it isnt moulded for only right handed people but thats ok i dont mind the more robust mice.. i find myself continually adjusting my hand placement on the moulded ones anyway.. i also like the look of the razers finger grooves on the buttons it looks pretty comfortable :)

Back
Top Bottom