Is this all compatible

If you can afford it an opteron 165. It's about the same price as an x2 3800+ but have been overclocking very well.

recent 3800+ stepping have been OCing better than recent Opty 165s. many have been reaching 3Ghz on water and 2.8 on air.

dual cores are also great for gaming as many newer games are built to take advantage of more than one core.

also i saw no one answered your question, so .....it is pretty easy to install a cpu.
lol just go slow, read all instructions, and stay away from carpet and water.

Logan said:
recent 3800+ stepping have been OCing better than recent Opty 165s. many have been reaching 3Ghz on water and 2.8 on air.

dual cores are also great for gaming as many newer games are built to take advantage of more than one core.

also i saw no one answered your question, so .....it is pretty easy to install a cpu.
lol just go slow, read all instructions, and stay away from carpet and water.
True. Realy either the 165 or x2 3800+ will be good. If that's out of your price range a 146 is an awesome processor for the price. I bought mine from a member here and it can do 3ghz easy.

Alright thanks man, how much do u think i could OC the 3800 on stock cooling, and what would be a good fan to put on it if i wanted a lil more ...im not gonna do water cooling.

With stock cooling I would think maybe 2.4-2.5 everday use. With a better heat sink and fan maybe 2.6-2.7. Although it could be better or worse. For a better heatsink I would suggest a thermaltake big typhoon.

Back
Top Bottom