Is this all compatible

stay away from that powersupply. Get a Fortron AX-500A instead. It should be only 20 bucks more but its a million times better.

Alright, also i heard that AMD was dropping prices on some cpus...could someone find me a good dual core (if there is one) around the same prices or 200ish that is better than the opty i picked.

You won't see a big price drop until after July when the new Intel CPUs come out. ALso, there aren't any AMD dual core's around that price unless you're willing to shell out $300 or switch over to Intel.

That CPU can OC well too. I'm not into the Opteron CPUs so I like the dual core CPU. It depends on what you're using it for. I multi-task like a mother and really need that relief of a dual core setup. Most hard core gamers like using single core CPUs and OC the crap out of it, like with that OPteron.

I will be doing gaming on it, WoW, BF2, SanAndreas etc.. bigger games i think i might just save money and OC the Opty

Trust me, spend thata extra, dont get the opty..1Ghz for damned sake! Evan if you did OC, you going to get it to like 1.3-4Ghz?

joxley1990 said:
Trust me, spend thata extra, dont get the opty..1Ghz for damned sake! Evan if you did OC, you going to get it to like 1.3-4Ghz?
That opteron(if its a good stepping) will be able to do close to 2.7-2.8ghz on air.

The x2 3800+ have also been overclocking pretty good lately. They can do about 2.6ghz on air.

Back
Top Bottom