Alienwhare Customized Computer

MALOI98

Baseband Member
Customized Computer

About 3 years ago I purchased a computer from Alienwhare. I had absolutely no problems with it. Now I decided to give this comp to my brother, and get an Ultimate gaming machine for myself. :)

My first Idea was ordering the parts and having an “Expert” assemble it for me, I now that it will definitely save me about $800-$1000 rather then ordering it from Dell or Alienwhare. The thing that I am worrying about is, I know that I will spent about $4000 “Good stuff is inside” with water cooling…etc and if this water cooling will leak = $4000 down the drain! So I decided to order an Alienwhare, this way I will have almost nothing to worry about, only spending about $1000 more then expected:)

Lower Down I posted the Specifications of Alienwhare computer that I want to get.

So basically what I am asking in this post from “you people” is to evaluate my decision. I am open for Suggestions :)

PS: I am not made of money, so if there is a way for me to get the same quality computer with the warranty ..Etc for less money plz let me know.

1] Area-51® 7500

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D Processor 930 w/ Dual Core Technology 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Service Pack 2
Chassis: Alienware® Full-Tower Case - Space Black
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® Liquid Cooling with AlienIce™ 2.0 Video Cooling
Power Supply: Alienware® 650 Watt ATX 2.0 Power Supply with Active PFC
Motherboard: Alienware® NVidia nForce™4 SLI™ X16 Motherboard
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 x 1024MB
System Drive: High Performance - 150GB Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ NCQ & 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: Storage Drive - 750GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 16MB Cache - NEW!
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive w/LightScribe Technology
Blank Media: Verbatim Lightscribe DVD+R 4.7GB 10-Pack in Spindle
Secondary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive w/LightScribe Technology
Graphics Processor: Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 GTX - SLI Enabled - DVI Dual Link Supported
Physics Processing Unit: Ageia PhysX Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3
Supported Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Monitor: No Monitor
Sound Card: Integrated High-Performance 7.1 Surround Sound with S/PDIF and Coaxial Digital Outputs
Network Connection: Integrated Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet
Keyboard: Logitech® G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech® G5 Laser Gaming Mouse - Maximum PC Award Winner!
Warranty: 3-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service / AlienAutopsy / Respawn
AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit
Alienware Exclusive Offers: GameFly - Unlimited Game Rentals for 15 days - FREE TRIAL
Productivity Software: Microsoft® Works 8 Productivity Suite
Alienware Extras: AlienInspection - Exclusive Integration and Inspection - $99.99 Value - FREE!
Alienware Extras: Exclusive AlienGUIse Theme Manager
Alienware Extras: AlienWiring - Exclusive Internal Wire Management - $99.99 Value - FREE!
Free Alienware Mousepad: Free Alienware® Mousepad

Subtotal: $4,719.38 Shipping and handling included

not made of money!?!?!?!?!?! looks like you are.....
anyway that machine is totally overkill. i can understand paying around $1000-$2000 on a new (upgradable) comp now but so many new things are coming out soon. What will you ever use 4GB of RAM on?
AMD is the gamerschoice so try and find a gaming comp with an AMD cpu.
also when will you use 800GB of storage?(unless you like to make and edit your own movies)

personally i would never even consider buying a computer like that because i don't have the money. you do have the money, even though that extra $1000 or so is a pain. i say just get it.

p.s. alienware has no "h"

"h" ??? Well i have to agree with you about the ram, i will think about reducing it two 2G, but if il get the AMD P Alienwgare doestn offer that altimate Liquid cooling solution, it cool three things Processor, video card and power supply so i think thats worth it? But is there really a big difference betwin me getting an AMD or INTEL???? and about the harddrive the diff betwin geting like 300G and 800G is like $200 maybe less...

Wait untill the directx 10 video cards come out, if you dont, before the end of the year, you comp wont be able to play the lastest games with directx 10. Youll be stuck playing em on directx9.

I agree spending 4000 on a brand new computer or 4.7k in your case is idiotic at this point and time. Wait for DX10 GPUs to come out then upgrade. Buy a cheap PC to hold you over if you have tooa tm.

I could build you a computer exactly like that, and I wouldn't mind charging you $4700 for it!

Nik00117 said:
I agree spending 4000 on a brand new computer or 4.7k in your case is idiotic at this point and time. Wait for DX10 GPUs to come out then upgrade. Buy a cheap PC to hold you over if you have tooa tm.
i agree, u r completely wasting your money, pentium Ds suck compared to amds X2 series, u should wait until the conroe cpu comes out which is an awesome cpu according to benchmarks, also theres no point in getting an amazing graphics card when it will become useless when vista comes out in january, another thing, 4GB is pointless, are u going to be running 50 programs at once? i wouldnt think so, 2GB is more than enough, i also installed my own watercooling setup and its pretty fool proof and is almost impossible to have the thing leak (provided that u leak test it first) so all in all save your money and wait for all this new stuff to come out then get ur comp, u dont have to listen to me though, if u want a comp now go for it im just sayin that if u get a comp now it will last about 6 months so that would be 4 grand down the drain

Listen, If I was you, I would build my own, water cooling systems dont leak, and I have never heard of any that have. You will save alot more money, and you can get better parts. Plus, the machine would be totally customized for you, which you will like in the future.

All computer parts also come with a warranty, so you would not need to worry about that.

I really appreciate all the advices that u all gaived me. During this weekend I had lots of time to think it all over. So what I actually decided to do, i went to one of the computer stores that specialize in gaming computers, and ordered a computer from them. The person who helped me pick the parts, really new what he was talking about, so here is what I came up with.

AMD Athlon 64 4000 2.4GHz (OverClocked to 2.8GHz)

Mushkin Redline (2x1GB)

2WD HDD's 400G SATA 7200 RPM in a raid 0 config. 800G Total.

Antec Aluminum Advanced Super Mid-Tower Case - Stainless Steel (5 silent fans)

Gigabyte Radion X1900XTX

Antec 550W power supply

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - keyboard

Logitech® 931376-0403 G5 Laser Gaming Mouse

Cant remember the motherbord name, but its sli supported. just incease :)

some more stuff like windows Xp, sound card...etc

The total was $3400 i payed $200 for labor, like $280Tax, $200 for overclocking. The rest was the comp parts.

Back
Top Bottom