Is Alienware reliable?

They have nice cases(alienware, If you want a really good computer you should custom build for the price of one:p But I have never had one so its up to you.

OK I bought mine Christmas 2005 and when it arrived there were wires sticking out the front of the case. Your supplied with a A4 folder that has information in it, including details of a cosmetic inspection. Well mine obviously didn't get this so these information sheets just must be printed off in mass. Anyway I rang then AND I had to do all the fixing. I would never go back to them, cases are nice but CS was awful and apparently have got worse with Dell buyng the company. They're also base in Ireland so understanding them can also be a problem. My graphics card died within two weeks, whether this was Alienwares fault is debatable but they do say they run extensive tests. I however had to speak to a technician that spoke German and very little english, not good. The next thing to go was both hard drives and my card reader. They replaced everything as I bought the 3 year warranty but it was still a hassle. When they connected the new card reader it crashed windows so they disconnected it but left it there, so I now have an obsolete card reader with no clue of how to connect it to the motherboard. Any ideas???, theres a USB and another wire hanging in the case, god knows where they are from. All in all, I'd avoid. :rolleyes:

I'd build my own, if I was you.

Building FTW. A big reason for me is that you can't overclock. And all the crap software they give you, not sure how Alienware/Dell is with preinstalled software. HP is really bad about it though.

Not bad with pre-installed software, my little sister just bought a Dell XPS, sub 1k with a screen etc, hardly any preinstalled advertisement software.

Back
Top Bottom