Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Alienware MX14 VS Asus G55VW

Hey guys. Im currently in high school, im a sophomore. Im currently in need of a gaming computer. Sure it would be nice if I could take notes with it, but it really is not necessary. What I do need, is a powerful gaming computer, that will last me for at least 2 years. More would be nice. Now I did some research, and then I customized the laptops to have good specs. Ill list all that in a second. I would just like to say that my budget is around $2000. As for games I would be playing, that would be pretty much everything. Sims 3, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 3, Star craft 2, Darksiders 2, Skyrim. Now I don't really need to play them all at ultra settings, or the highest setting. Im not that big about that stuff. I just want it to play fast, with no lag at all, at a decent settings. Also by the way, I did ask a question like this already. The Mac is no longer an option. Also. PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST ANY OTHER COMPUTERS. THESE ARE MY CHOICES. So here are the specs.

Asus G55VW-$1499.00
•Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz
• 12GB Memory 750GB HDD
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

Alienware Mx14- $1449
•3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
•Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
•14.0" High Def+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight
•8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
•1TB 5,400 RPM SATA 3Gb/s
•Slot Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW)
•2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus™

The second question is. Will both last atleast 2 years? I do not want to spend this money, and get a computer that will break in a year. Thanks guys.

Also, im def leaning towards the Alienware. Probobly becuase I have heard about it more, and because it looks epic. But I will go for whats better. I dont understand about this stuff to much, so I need you guys. Thanks!
oldbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote