Alienware or Falcon NW or HP blackbird?

rai

Beta member
I am planning on getting a gaming PC.

My wife loves mac and says it's possible to have win-mac but I don't believe it would be as good for cutting edge FPS (etc.). Could you guys say the win-mac is not a good idea?

So I am thinking to stick with the good old PC and looking at Intel based something middle of the road $2K (ish) without monitor.

Is it better to get the dual 3.0 CPU (rather than the 2.66)? I don't plan on a lot of upgrades, I like to get fast enough and keep it 4-5 years.

Is it better to get TWO HDs?

Any thought of which makes the most reliable gaming PC? And/or which you think is worth going for?

I could pay a bit more but really would like to keep the whole smear (monitor and all) under $3K

Thanks.

I don't want to build anything, I am not any good at that and my time (frustration) would not be worth saving a grand to me.

My wife loves mac and says it's possible to have win-mac but I don't believe it would be as good for cutting edge FPS (etc.). Could you guys say the win-mac is not a good idea?

A Mac Running Windows (Under bootcamp) Would performs much worse than a normal gaming pc.

Is it better to get the dual 3.0 CPU (rather than the 2.66)? I don't plan on a lot of upgrades, I like to get fast enough and keep it 4-5 years.

For Gaming,The faster the better :D

Is it better to get TWO HDs?

I Dont see why 2 hardrives would be better than one (Except for more storage) but i might be wrong.

Any thought of which makes the most reliable gaming PC? And/or which you think is worth going for?

I Would go with an alienware,but i have heard that they arent ver realiable.I Would steer clear of a HP,But thats just from personal experience.I Would go with an Acer :D But i dont think they have much in the way of gaming computers.

A Mac Running Windows (Under bootcamp) Would performs much worse than a normal gaming pc.

What are you talking about? There aren't any compromises when running Windows under bootcamp.

To the author of the thread, I would look into the HP Blackbird. It's been a real success.

ya, the Hp blackbird is the choice for u.

it scored so high on 3dmarks

15383 is SLI

and as far as two hardrives go, the only advantage is more space,

i think so, but for gaming and such, its not a big factor

unless ur running 10000rpm HDDs :)

doesnt 2 harddrives run faster if you make them run together, i belive its called raid? not sure

Correct, their are several ways to set up a RAID array however. The one that will offer a performance increase is called RAID 0. So make sure you set it up as such. It really won't improve performance in the game, as the game is primarily using RAM and is not calling up information from the HDD often.

However you would see performance increases when your computer reads information from your HDD. Such as when you first open up and run the game, or when you open a new application and such.

i wouldnt recommend raid as if one of the 2 drives die your screwed...

Back
Top Bottom