alienware core 2 duo.

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
i want to overclock my alienware laptop. The cpu is a core 2 duo, 2.0 ghz, 667 mhz fsb. My goal is 3.0 ghz cuz ppl say it doesnt get very hot and is efficient.

Problems: will the bios let me? Will it be locked? it will be prebuilt. Will the mobo let me reach my goal? Some mobos have limits to the fsbs.

well its not really good to overclock laptops since all of the parts are close together, so the cooling is not good enough, u can try it but watch your temps. What model is this laptop?

Yes I suggest only overclocking with desktop comps. I mean have you ever opened up one of those laptops?!?! there is almost no space left in them and it takes like 2 hours to put it all back into place when you upgrade something in it lol. but it is your stuff, I use this on my desktop comps to see how fast they clock It should work for laptops:
http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php
follow the inst. and go from there.

It's an Alienware. I doubt you can overclock it, most prebuilt pc's don't allow it in the bios. Alienware may be different though.

the only way that i know to permanently overclock a mobile processor is a pin mod and i don't think anybody knows of a pin mod for Meroms.

dont overclock laptop!
if u want it faster put in more ram
better graphics card
bigger hard drive
or faster cou

esa193 said:
dont overclock laptop!
if u want it faster put in more ram
better graphics card
bigger hard drive
or faster cou

There is a problem. Laptops aren't as easy to work on as a regular PC, and I don't think you can actually upgrade the GPU in a laptop, but I'm not actually sure.

Back
Top Bottom