Alien ware CPU

CargoSlug

In Runtime
Ok guys im gettina new rig from alien ware. Now i know thier prolby overpriced bbut i need the finance program. but ok they have the prosessors and its like:

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 FX-55 Processor with HyperTransport Technology
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 4000+ Processor with HyperTransport Technology
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 3800+ Processor with HyperTransport Technology
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 3500+ Processor with HyperTransport Technology
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 3200+ Processor with HyperTransport Technology
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 3000+ Processor with HyperTransport Technology

If I went with the 3000+ will I be able to upgrade to the fx-55? latter? with out having to change my mobo it is like 900 bukcs! so i cant do that currently.

P.S I dont know what mother bpars they use

yes you would as long as its the AMD ATHLON64 3000+ socket 939 and not the 754 one. the 939 3000+ and the socket 939 FX-55 has the same socket so its just remove and re-insert

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 3200+ Processor with HyperTransport Technology
Never had it overclock yet..

Yeah, get a 3500.
FX processors are more for server based, and real gamer based machines that need all the power they can get, and are too expensive in my opinion.
Most people make do with a normal spec AMD :) As long as its a 939pin one though, you can update at a later date rather easily

get teh AMD 3000+ as far as canadian prices go the 3500+ is $100-$150 dollars more locally and you can get a amd 3000+ to 2.4ghz stock cooling no problem still cool

Fyi i wouldnt get an alien ware.... over price pc's ....Buy a book build your own save a grand or so....it very easy to build a pc.... people think its SO HARD its not

Or get another brand.... i hate alienware....I hurd they have bad support ... not sure if its true but yea

I beleive there is a difference between the FX processors and the regular Athlon 64's up untill the 4000+ speed. From what I read, the only difference between the 4000 and the FX-55 is the speed...

Back
Top Bottom