Alcohol 120 CD-less gaming?

RPressler

Solid State Member
I've heard that you can use Alcohol 120% to rip an image from a game's CD (such as StarCraft) and put it on your computer somewhere. Then you won't need to use your CD to play this game anymore. Does anyone know more about this?

Thanks,
Richard

I am not sure how to do this, but I want to make it clear to you and others that this is actually legal if you own the game. I didn't know that at first, but I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-CD_crack

I assume you own the game.. If you don't want to do it yourself, check out GameCopyWorld.com

They have no-cd cracks (aka, game images) for just about every game. Don't download one for a game you don't own, though.. :)

EDIT---- Freestyler beat me to the link.. give him credit for it.. :)

Yeah, for most games all you have to do is simply replace the EXE for the no CD crack.

The Alcohol/Daemon Tools way is a bit more complicated. You have to get an ISO or other disk image of the CD by ripping it to your hard drive. You then mount it to a "virtual disk drive" to fool the computer into thinking it's a real CD in a real drive.

I've heard that you can use Alcohol 120% to rip an image from a game's CD (such as StarCraft) and put it on your computer somewhere. Then you won't need to use your CD to play this game anymore. Does anyone know more about this?

Thanks,
Richard
It utilises a "virtual drive" (a software cd rom drive) that you mount the game image in to play. Pretty much like Daemon Tools.

Nocd/DVD cracks are easier, just d/load them and extract the modified .exe to the game directory and away you go, I do it with all my games.

NOTE: Be aware that not all games will be playable online with nocd/DVD cracks

EDIT: freestyler beat me while I was typing :D

Yeah, for most games all you have to do is simply replace the EXE for the no CD crack.

The Alcohol/Daemon Tools way is a bit more complicated. You have to get an ISO or other disk image of the CD by ripping it to your hard drive. You then mount it to a "virtual disk drive" to fool the computer into thinking it's a real CD in a real drive.
Exactly. I prefer the Alcohol 120% way though.

Back
Top Bottom