airplane pc hybrid.......

convergecult

In Runtime
ok not exactly but here is the deal. im getting ready to buy a new pc case and my brother does the interior work on private jets so i have an abundance of airplane grade sound dampening material. my plan is to take the case apart and line the whole inside with this material and then put rubber mounts on all the fans and drive bays. my question is do you think the extra layers on the walls are going to cause more heat or should it be ok with the two 120mm fans?

you will need a friggin huge case. I would just spend money on quiet parts instead of tons of loud fans. I have 4 (cpu,. chipset, intake and output) in my case and it is pretty quiet, and I pull the intake and out take out of old dells and super glued them into place.

the material is actually very thin i just have the stuff and figured it would be a good project that ive not seen done

Some simple rubber gromlets will do nicely on the fans. Just be sure to caulk or tape the gap mounting that way makes between the fans and the case. As for the drives if you isolate them from the mounting you cut off part of the cooling. Most metal drive bays act as a heat sink to help carry the heat off. If you care to overlook that then a thin rubber mat between the drive and the bay will work.

well the i might leave the bays alone...with the case lined with the material it might not need the bays covered

lol i want some airplane parts!!!!
yo u should use a jet engine to power that shittzzz
but any way
as long as its not having hot air blown on it
and there enough fans
(i recommend a top exhaust fan even if u have to mod)
cuz that will chill your system so well
every thing will be fine

I think you'd find that if you used a Jet Engine to power your computer The following would happen:

1) The performance of the computer would be 0.
2) The computer would be ripped to shred's.

Just my 2 Cents or whatever you say :p

p.s. (im not serious)

lol....id be put in the Darwin awards.....anyway i just was not sure if the extra layers on the walls would create heat insulation....

Hey you could take the large fan off a jet engine and somehow ghetto modfy it to fit on the side of the pc then it would be cool , even better than the top 20cm fan on the natec 900

As for soundproofing material depending on what specs the rig is and what the fans are and what cfm they blow i would say it would be fine , you can buy kits for soundproofing which prolly contain a simillar material . as long as the hot air in the pc is being removed by the fans and cool air is being taken in you should be fine , you may notice an increase of a few degrees C but nothing that will melt the thing down or anything and it would prolly quieten the pc down a lot however i never cared for having a quiet pc my philosophy is if it keeps it cool sound dosent matter

Back
Top Bottom