PCI-Express 16X
PCI-Express 32X

actually u could also make it

PCI
AGP
PCI-E 8x
PCI-E 16x
PCI-E 32x

Since most SLI boards do have 2x PCI-E 8x.

Yeah, currently PCI-e x32 can be utilized now but the next generation PCI-express will be coming out. Intel is already preparing PCI Express 2. They announced this last year that the first PCIe II products are expected in 2007 or 2008. PCI Express 2 will be higher performance (of course) and come in different form factors.

However, PCI Express will stay compatible with PCI Express 1.x so it will still be able to use 'old' hardware as it has the same power requirements and clock architecture. But it should be cheaper.

i think u should get a pwercolor radeon 9250 i heard there da best pci cards availble right now

ericf1993 said:
i think u should get a pwercolor radeon 9250 i heard there da best pci cards availble right now

i've been reading up about this on the dell dimension forum, and it seems to be that there are compatibility problems with the radeon cards and the dell computers(the dimension 3000 models at least).

the only cards offically recommended for the dell dimension 3000 are the pci geforce 5500, 5600, 5700LE. some members say the 6200 should work ok, but it's not one of the offical ones listed, and i don't want any problems so i think i am just going to go with the 5500. there is the 3D Fusion one with 256MB RAM or a PNY one with 128MB RAM, but little cheaper,,,,will there really be much difference?

Back
Top Bottom