agp video cards

badninja3

Daemon Poster
what is a good video card that uses agp that wouldnt be bottlenecked by my system:

athlonXP 2100+ 1.7ghz
512mb pc2700 ram

also, what is the difference between agp2/4 and agp4/8 ? im asking because my current motherboard only has a agp2/4 slot and im wondering if there is a significant difference if i were to get a agp4/8 for a video card.

thanks

Well 4 stand for 4x which is the speed interface and 8x is also a speed, Thats why man cards are now pci-e because its 16x...Now for a card that wont bottleneck im not really sure u just have to take a guess ..If you can spend the money just get a 7800 lol...

Dev0115 said:
Well 4 stand for 4x which is the speed interface and 8x is also a speed, Thats why man cards are now pci-e because its 16x...Now for a card that wont bottleneck im not really sure u just have to take a guess ..If you can spend the money just get a 7800 lol...
LoL Man Cards PCI-E haha i guess im gay with my AGP LoL

a 7800 would definately be bottlenecked by my system. would a 6800 agp be overkill still?

I would say nothing more than a 6600GT...
if you get that, and pump your mem up to 1 gig, you'll probably get the most you can possibly get out of that cpu...

MikeReiner said:
I would say nothing more than a 6600GT...
if you get that, and pump your mem up to 1 gig, you'll probably get the most you can possibly get out of that cpu...
alright, cool. and what would the ati equivalent of that be?

MikeReiner said:
that was a pretty vague, not to mention stupid comment.
Yea i made a stupid comment cause i thought it was funny the comment PCI-E are Man cards :p

Back
Top Bottom