agp texture acceleration not available

klivevil

Baseband Member
i cant figure out how to enable this cuz im getting a real annoying lag on my games

i have a x700pro vid card
1.5 gigs of ram
athlon 64 at 2.0ghz

ive reinstalled my vidcard drivers and direct x, ive also updated my mobos chipset drivers after installing the wrong one (i think,,,there were only 2 downloads for it)

heres some more info

2-1.jpg

anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

ya its not selectable,,,btw i just formatted (winxp 64 bit btw) and left the vid driver that came with the os and it was available to select but when i installed the latest ati driver it got disabled and wasnt selectable,,,i cant even guess anymore what the problem is,,,someone plz help!!!

and also the icons on my desktop dont show,,,it just shows the words of the icons

is that true? ive been using it for like 7 months now and i dont notice anything wrong with it,,,after thinking about it for a while, i think i am gonna go back to 32 bit,,,i was thinking about trying linux a while back but didnt want to because i didnt know how it works with windows programs,,,i guess i can look on these forums to learn more about it,,,anyway thnx

i formatted back to 32 bit and i still have that problem guys,,,i updated to the fullest with everything,,,has my vid card gone bad?,,,can someone help me out plz,,,i havent played anything for 3 days now!

ok, the next thing I would do is play around with the bios a little bit.. did you change anything in it recently? if so i'd revert all settings back to their factory defaults (there should be an option to do so in the bios, if not, there is usually a button on the mother board you can press to force it)

if that doesn't solve your problem, then I would suggust buying a dirt cheap video card (like a geforce4 ti or something) and seeing if that works, that way you can find out if it's your video card, motherboard, or whatever it is.

i tried the bios thing and there was an option that said "load optimized defaults",,,i reset it and still nothing,,,ill have to try a new vid card that i can borrow from my friend and find out if it is that my card that has gone bad

btw im trying to remember exactly how this all started and when i think about it, this all started when i shut down my computer 3 days ago and restarted and it kept restarting like crazy,,,it would show the xp loading screen for like 5 seconds and would just restart,,,so i formatted ( 5 times in 3 days),,,dunno if that would help diagnose this problem, if its a symptom of a hardware problem,,,its gone now but thats what started all of this

thnx for ur help btw

Back
Top Bottom