AGP or PCI

John508

Baseband Member
Can somebody please tell me what graphics card is worth buying more, an AGP or a PCI (for a gamer).

Thanks.. John!

Well, PCI-e (which isn't listed in your choice) is the latest and greatest technology. It will replace the old AGP standard. Don't even think about getting PCI for gaming. If your motherboard still uses AGP, get AGP. It is dedicated to video.

pci-e is good for gaming.

I'd go with the 6600GT. It's not much more expensive that the normal 6600, and it's definately better.

Yeah 6600gt is good for gaming. PCI for gaming just won't work. AGP is very good but don't expect to get the best of video cards using it.

i cant really afford to pay a little extra for a GT, i already owe my dad £504, and im 16 with no job still at school (no income)

Well, then I would save up as there are a few differences in between making the GT ultimately better. If you can't wait then just get the 6600.

very good choice i am actually switchign to that card. just out of curisity if i get the xfx 256 would it be better than the other 128s? like fps wise and all that? im going for agp by the way. reg pci cards not worth it watsoever

Back
Top Bottom