AGP help?

no that computer doesn't have an AGP slot, but the slot above the PCI slot looks to be a PCI-E

Ok, thank you. Can anyone confirm this is a pci-e slot? I'm buying this in an hour and have to know if I need to buy a mobo. Thanks.

its an agp slot guys, i zoomed in on it. its brown and too short to be a pci-e. btw there are two of us sitting here that say its agp and not pci-e.

Are you sure?! I had the same mobo on my old computer and I don't think my agp graphics card worked... If I do need to buy a new mobo, are PCI-E graphics cards that much better than AGP? Thanks for all the help!

weird i'm sorry, i looked up on cnet and it only gave me the 3 opening slots are PCI and none other.

hmm having been out the forum game for a while i wasnt sure whether cnet was reliable but after closer inspection it seems a bit of a crappy source, no offense!

But yer by the luks its a 64 bit board wiv agp!

Actually... it turned out to be a pci-e.. the mobo wasn't exactly the same colour and the pci-e slot is orange. I'm very dissapointed guys.. =P Thanks for all the help!!

It's an AGP Slot. AGP Slots are always about a half-inch behind the PCI slot. So yes, that is AGP. PCI-E is about an inch or so longer then PCI and usually black, while AGP is generally brown.

Back
Top Bottom