AGP 8X To PCI-EX Bridge card

I don't think that i could use it as I have a full size card and it looks as though it would make the vid card rub noses with my side window fan.
When I make the switch, I think I will either just sell my old stuff or donate it to a worthy cause.
And NOOOOO! non of you count as a worthy cause.

well i'm not a rich man, so i think this would be appropriate when i want to upgrade.. will have to make sure it fits tho.

Thats cool, but I beleive most people would just want a new card when they upgrade. I wonder how the performace is affected, too... I guess cards still aren't using PCIe16's full potenitial...

hehe that is rather kewl :D

I don't think they are using the full 16x standard no. A AGP card matches a 16x PCI-E in terms of speed at the moment since no cards have really took advantage of it.

This helps especially with ATI Radeon cards since they've been working with PCI-E alot at the moment, with only high end cards being released in it, with no AGP

When do you think this would become useless?

well id rather have it the other way around...im sure it wouldnt work too well w/ micro atx or cube pcs and such. w/o modding that is.

I don't think there would be a problem with most cards, though they'll come a time this will be useles since the AGP bandwidth would have been breached.

AGP to PCI-E? This could be possible, though I wouldn't see the point, since you can get rather good PCI-E cards now, and would rather buy a PCI-E card.

It was useful to have it the other way since there are still people with AGP slots (like me) who might want a PCI-E card when it isn't available on AGP.

i'm sure one day this won't be possible though and would just be useless..

Yes, but for us common users we don't want to waste the time or the money buying expensive PCI-E cards. And on top of that we have to buy a new motherboard. Most consumers still have AGP 8X boards.

Yeah,
I know I still have an AGP for one :) Sorry if I didn't explain properly. It didn't register that PCI-E means you dont have a AGP slot hehe

Back
Top Bottom