age of empires 2 problem

jim1

BSOD
Whenever i play age of empires 2 the conqurs expansion the map loads and the mouse curser just goes to the top left of the screen and stops there.ive tries re-installing but still same prob.

Hmm weird.

Try updating the game from the offical site:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/conquerors/downloads.asp?f1=no

There are a few patches to fix problems!

If this doesn't help, try and lower the resoloution the game is running at (in the game settings). This is just a hunch, but you never know.

EDIT: Age Of Empires 2 is rather old. I'm sure the systems capable of running that :p Especially if it can run the original one without the expansion.

I hope this helps :)

yep its powerfull enough TO RUN IT I CHECKED.
AMD SEMPRON 2800+AT 2.0 GHZ
512MB DDR RAM
64MB BUILT IN GRAPHICS
120GB HARD DRIVE
WIN XP HOME EDITION SP2

I have no worries that its powerful enough to run it. Its Age Of Empires 2! :p not 3 or something.

Have you downloaded those game fixes from the site to see if they help? They might very well do. Check my last post :)

IT WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD THEM IT JUST SAYS -THE RETAIL VERSION OF AGE OF EMPIRES 2:The conquerors is not installed on this system
dont know what this means please help.

Hmm.... in that case, something is corrupt since you have got the retail version and not just the demo...right?

If you have the demo, it might just be the demo, and so just buy the retail version and it'll probably work. Demos are the greatest of supporters of systems.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom