after a graphics card not sure

christian93

Solid State Member
hi i kno my fair share on how to use a computer but when it comes to the parts im kinda lost . i wanna start playing some better games on my computer im not after any top of the range cards but something better thasn my one as i cant even lay farcry in the lowest spec lol its a pitty cos its a great game .

anyway mu uncle sed that i need to check if a new card will fit heres the specs of my computer its nothing great i only got it cause it was cheap and i needed something to browse on

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c01172680&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_UKEN
it sez intergrated graphics on but my computer sez i have a nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430 so will i be able to buy a new graphics card and if i do does it need to be a certain slot

thanks alot i would be grateful if you could help

Your board has one PCI-E x16 slot, so at least your selection of cards is not limited.

What is your budget?

ok so im guessing your like me then your not a 100% gamer but you like the odd game now and then, your not obsessed with getting the highest FPS and dont care if you have to scale down the seolution ???

if thats right then get something like this.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139552

it will play all the games you need right now, not on the highest setting but it will be fine for what you need,

if your looking for something a little more serious and a bigger budget maybe consider something in the 8 series or an ATI 38** something, but honestly that 7900 will do you proud, assuming your like me.

ok well the fact is that 8400 is a terrible card the 7900 will be better than that,

if you wanted to spend a little less consider the 7600Gt or if you have a few quid more like £50 you could get a cheap 8600.

7600 will still be better than the 8400 for fairly cheao,

7600Gt http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136193

8600 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126974

obviously this all depends on your budget bud id would steer clear of the 8400

yeah im just like you i just wanna play the odd game on my pc for the top end games i have my 360 and ps3 for that .
WFT? Shouldn't you have it the other way round, and play the top games on your PC?

thanks for the advice i will stay clear of the 8400 card

1.a powerful pc cost loads more than my xbox and ps3
2. all my m8s have 360s and ps3 so i play them online
3. games like motorstorm and mgs 4 are not available on pc

if i had the money id have a top end pc and the consoles and be able to play any game i wanted but im only 15 so dont go biteing my head off !!!!

if i buy the 7900 would i have to upgrade my any other parts like the pw supply or the processor ???

well i think me and you will get along jus fine here,

people say theres nothing like a pc gaming experience but you have to consider the cost,

ok lets say you spend £600 on a decent gaming pc or £400 on a Ps3 overpriced i no but its an example,

ok so for the first 6 months the pc will be better at gaming but then they release a better graphics card and suddenly your card cant get the best out of games n e more so you have to upgrade thats another £150 odd pound for a half decent graphics card, but meanwhile the PS3 will go strong without paying a penny extra for atleast 5 years, and in that 5 year timespan if you want to play games better than the ps3 your gonna have to spend another £500 on your computer on upgrades, faster CPU, more RAM better graphics card.

my point is console gaming is a hell of alot cheaper than pc gaming, "if" you want to call pc gaming better than consol gaming that is, by all mean you can play pc games for cheap with outdated hardware but then it defeats the object of trying to say pc gaming is better.

n e ways i think i have my point across, pc gaming is ok if you have lots of pennies

well i think me and you will get along jus fine here,

people say theres nothing like a pc gaming experience but you have to consider the cost,

ok lets say you spend £600 on a decent gaming pc or £400 on a Ps3 overpriced i no but its an example,

ok so for the first 6 months the pc will be better at gaming but then they release a better graphics card and suddenly your card cant get the best out of games n e more so you have to upgrade thats another £150 odd pound for a half decent graphics card, but meanwhile the PS3 will go strong without paying a penny extra for atleast 5 years, and in that 5 year timespan if you want to play games better than the ps3 your gonna have to spend another £500 on your computer on upgrades, faster CPU, more RAM better graphics card.

my point is console gaming is a hell of alot cheaper than pc gaming, "if" you want to call pc gaming better than consol gaming that is, by all mean you can play pc games for cheap with outdated hardware but then it defeats the object of trying to say pc gaming is better.

n e ways i think i have my point across, pc gaming is ok if you have lots of pennies

i totaly agree wid you on that thanks for the advice ive already added one of those 7900gs to my watch list on ebay lol

Back
Top Bottom