after case upgrade 2 HDDs aren't reconized?

Were you using the ports prior to your case move? Or are the ports that are not being recognized NEW ports that you are using? I guess there is always a chance the SATA channels for them got disabled in BIOS...

Still doesn't explain your DVD drive issue. Still makes me think there's a power issue.

When your computer turns on, can you see if the hard drives are spinning up? Although I typically wouldn't recommend it, pop off your case side panel and gently place your hand on your hard drive to see if you can feel the platters spinning. If not, then the drive isn't getting power.

first order of bussiness this morning was to connect my new front intake fans
which is actualley the whole point of this new case to keep the storage drives cool.
when I connected one fan ( this fan connecter was a molex to three pin splice) it did'nt come on so I checked the voltage found zero voltage so it was in fact a power issue.

I swapped to a differnt Molex from out of the PSU and the fourth HDD and the DVD burner are alive again.

next problem is these intake cooling fans I have the inexpensive cooler masters only have one conection a three pin I have a Molex to three pin adaptor from another fan to power one fan

can I splice the two fans together making my own Y connecter?

Thanks STB

Yup you can do that. Just make sure you cover the splice so it doesn't short out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Computer Forums mobile app

first order of bussiness this morning was to connect my new front intake fans
which is actualley the whole point of this new case to keep the storage drives cool.
when I connected one fan ( this fan connecter was a molex to three pin splice) it did'nt come on so I checked the voltage found zero voltage so it was in fact a power issue.

I swapped to a differnt Molex from out of the PSU and the fourth HDD and the DVD burner are alive again.

next problem is these intake cooling fans I have the inexpensive cooler masters only have one conection a three pin I have a Molex to three pin adaptor from another fan to power one fan

can I splice the two fans together making my own Y connecter?

Thanks STB

Unless you really know what you're doing, I wouldn't suggest it. If you're handy, sure, go for it. But otherwise just get an actual adapter.

This or this.

Unless you really know what you're doing, I wouldn't suggest it. If you're handy, sure, go for it. But otherwise just get an actual adapter.

This or this.

I'm not handy, nor do I claim to know what I'm doing, but I did it no problem on my computer. There's only 2 (maybe 3 wires) and as long as you splice the same colors together and wrap them in electrical tape, it works fine. At least that's my experience.

I'm not handy, nor do I claim to know what I'm doing, but I did it no problem on my computer. There's only 2 (maybe 3 wires) and as long as you splice the same colors together and wrap them in electrical tape, it works fine. At least that's my experience.

I guess I'm just not one to be throwing gaffers tape on things and calling it good. To me, a job is done right when it's soldered and shrink wrapped over the connection. But, to each his own I guess!

A job is done right when it works....lol.

I didn't say it was pretty. Your welcome to solder and shrink wrap to your hearts content, but when I close my case and then close my entertainment center doors no one is going to know if I taped it or solder it and it's going to work just as good. We are talking about fans here...not some high tech, sensitive piece of equipment.

Regardless that's off topic I suppose. Either way or the adapters will work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom