adware help plz help

eclipsex2

Beta member
my friend got adware on his computer by clicking a link that showed up in aim saying is this pc good in myspace or somthing he thpught some send it to him that he knew. so his PC started slowing down and pop ups coming up every where. he said that his norton and adware se dont delete him. do ihave to reformat his pc or is there a way to get rid of the adware

Try Spybot Search and Destroy and an online scan at BitDefender before you think of formatting, also try a system restore, it works sometimes. Also empty Temporary Internet files and delete cookies.

eclipsex2 said:
my friend got adware on his computer by clicking a link that showed up in aim saying is this pc good in myspace or somthing he thpught some send it to him that he knew. so his PC started slowing down and pop ups coming up every where. he said that his norton and adware se dont delete him. do ihave to reformat his pc or is there a way to get rid of the adware
You could suggets he use Spyware Doctor and Spybot Search & Destroy. Perhaps try defragging his hard drive as well, it might help it run better.

Be sure to boot into safe mode. Also.. Try Avira anti virus, it works great for anything!

yeah boot in safe mode and then run all your antivirus crap and spy cleaner stuffs

Are you getting any specific error messages or popups that come up frequently? If you are, please paste them and I will research on what adware they are symptoms of...

Like the others said, boot with safe mode. Also Run-->msconfig--> startup. And uncheck any unknown items.

Spysweeper is good I use that but you have to buy it, they recently upgraded to version 5 and it's not as good as it used to be in my opinion it takes up too much memory so I might switch to counterspy. I also use the anti-malware thing that Kaspersky has in it and it works better than spysweeper. I had a bunch of crap I didn't know about and it got rid of it (you can get a 30day trial of this from www.kaspersky.com). Windows Defender is ok but i've found that for really serious infections, it's not that great in my experience. You could also download HiJackThis and post a log here and someone could help you out. HiJackThis is a great tool to use when you've got adware that just won't go away.

Back
Top Bottom