advice with tiny pc moving to xp

des147

Beta member
Hi
My friend has had a modest tiny pc for 3 yrs now works fine little gem its only downfall the working system it came with on recovery disk is windows 98 ,,not even 2nd edition :O(
My question is would tiny offer an upgrade to Xp for there older pcs running windows 98 without having to pay full price for a legal copy of xp

My 2nd question is Ive heard of QEM versions of XP an would like to know what makes these versions differ from full xp products
I read that QEM version is given as part as a pc upgrade an that updates with a QEM version of xp cant be gain from microsoft ,things like service pack2 has to be obtaind from my pc dealer
if this is true an would tiny.com be able to supply me with a QEM version an service pack2 to upgraade my tiny pc

Hope somone could give some good advice on the way to go here

thanks fgr any time taken

des

OK first, spell better. Seond, it is OEM. Thrid, buy a legal copy of XP and it'l work. Foruthly, an eom just means it only comes witht he cd and the product key.

hey jack u could spell better yourself and don't bother buying an original XP it will be cheaper getting OEM

hi im back
thanks for the feedback guys been doing some read ups on OEM seems there are some versions that require no activation key but a (COA) key
my tiny pc has a COA key on side of tower i gather for the windows 98 i have on my recovery disk an on my pc now

However would I be able to use the same COA key when buying a oem XP with no (COA) that asks for COA key to actiavte

If not i found an outlet that sells with COA an product key an will pay more for that option

thanks for any help sent

Back
Top Bottom