Re: Advice Required.
If you can get a faster/bigger hard drived laptop for cheaper, and then use that, that will be a much better proposition.
I wouldn't worry too much about the battery either, as even though theres a chance it might not last a long while on charge, buying a new one won't break the bank, of what you could not have got without spending for a wireless card, etc.
So basically, if you can get a new one for cheaper with all thats required, go for it, and if you need to buy a battery (not likely all won't hold a charge, as that ones probably dodgy), you'll probably have a better deal on your hands.
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch