Advice please...

inbrino

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

My Dad's friend knows that I like playing around with computers and so has asked me whether I could go round to his house and clean it out because it is slow, unstable etc.

Could you guys suggest the steps I should take to getting it running smoothly again? I usually just reformat, but I know that this isnt very realistic for your average user that has a bunch of programs installed, settings etc and doesnt want to spend hours reinstalling.

So how should I go about things in steps 1,2,3 for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Suggestions all round!
Thank you!!!

This might not be the answer your looking for but il say it anyway. :) If your not 100% sure on how to do the computer, and your asking for step by step guides, then maybe you should leave it alone. Its fair enough if your doing your own pc, coz if something goes wrong then it doesnt matter coz its yours. Its a totally different story if its someone elses, and im guessing he will be pi**ed if ya break it.

If your gonna go ahead anyway, then make sure you backup his important data first. And take a look here for some info http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=9976

Oh, cheers. Sorry, i've just realised that I have made myself sound like a complete novice with computers. I can assure you I am confident with computers. I usually keep my computer maintained with diskeeper and registry mechanic, and I use ZoneAlarm, spybot, ad-aware, and avg free and avg anti spyware. I run these programs regularly so it's pretty easy to keep things clean. He probably doesnt have any of these programs though.

I just wondered what kind of steps everyone here would suggest for cleaning a computer out as everybody does things differently. Thanks for the link!

Back
Top Bottom