Advice on building a computer

Edsterr

In Runtime
I'm going to be building my first computer soon, so I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on actually building a rig. For example is there anything I will need to know and/or have.

Also, when buying a desktop case are there any requirements in particular that you should check that it has.

Get your screw drivers ready, Phillips head normally. Maybe some needle nose pliers for those small hard to read plug-in's.

It's also nice if the motherboard you'll be purchasing comes with a nice assortment of hardware, like screws, spacers, etc.. It's good to have.

Some people like to ground themselves before putting everything together. I would just make sure you're not positively charged, you can touch some metal or wear a ground strap or some anti-static gloves (I find them annoying). Don't build on a carpet with socks on or anything like that.

And uhhhh, as goes for computer cases. Mid ATX is normal sized, Full ATX is nice and big and roomy, if you got a lot of hardware and things. Some cases also come with a power supply.

There you have it. Some easy tips.

Back
Top Bottom