Ads

Disable your restore points. Doing so will delete them but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. A lot of viruses and malware like to hide out in the restore points. You think you got rid of them and they come right back.
If it's verdimondo(or however you spell it) Don't save anything on the C: drive. It does a mass infection and every thing is suspect.
Format and start over with a clean install. Make sure you smash the partition and make a new one then format the drive. If you just format the drive the little bastard will come right back.

I came back to add you can run the newer version of NOD32 from safe mode. It drops in to a command line mode but it's real simple to use.

As setishock and Atomic Rooster said, delete all restore points, and then boot in safe mode and try removing the viruses then.
Also if you have Avast, you can do a boot scan, which is a scan before you log in to your account. So before the log in screen comes a blue screen will come up to scan your hard drive(s) from viruses.

Good Luck!

i just reinstalled and formatted so i lost a lot of stuff but it wasn't worth the time and effort to keep going so thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom