Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default Adobe cs3 Master collection

OK so I just got this software and it says on the site that the system requirements don't support vista home basic but it does support XP sp2. Does anyone have this software installed on home basic and it works fine? (I know basic sucks but it came on my laptop) Is the difference between home basic and home premium really that big of a difference that its worth getting the upgrade? My laptop will support the upgrade and I'm not worried about anything like that... The reason I'm asking is by the sounds of it adobe never even tested it on home basic but instead is kinda saying that we don't want out product associated with it.

Quote:
Adobe Creative Suite 3 is not supported on Microsoft Vista Home Basic. The product was not tested on Vista Home Basic. If through the course of normal troubleshooting it is revealed that the problem is because of a limitation of the OS and not the application, then Adobe Technical Support may not be able to resolve the issue.
How can they say that they didn't test it on home basic but still say that its not supported on it?

PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Adobe cs3 Master collection

Try it on basic first before you go into premium.

A comparison of the Vista series:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...s/default.aspx

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
In Runtime

I guess they didn't have enough time to test all the quircks of the software on home basic. Just clearing themselves ahead of time in case their tech support can't fix the problem. But it most likely works just fine.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Yeah I already looked at the comparison stuff but really don't see much in the way of features that would separate it for using other software. My laptop specs are def above the specs needed to run the program as well but they are saying that the OS is not supported. I am going to try it out when it gets here but I just wanted to see if anyone else had already tried it.
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
Yeah I already looked at the comparison stuff but really don't see much in the way of features that would separate it for using other software. My laptop specs are def above the specs needed to run the program as well but they are saying that the OS is not supported. I am going to try it out when it gets here but I just wanted to see if anyone else had already tried it.
It should work, because in the end it's still Vista.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote