Adding a old HD

nieuwsma

Solid State Member
Hey, so i have a raptor that i was using in my first build, that i want to transfer to my most recent build. How would i go about adding the old hd to my new setup? i have it all hooked up, with power, and the dang ide cable :mad: but do i need to partion it? or how do i go about it. I need the extra 200gigs!! thanks. :)

Hey, so i have a raptor that i was using in my first build, that i want to transfer to my most recent build. How would i go about adding the old hd to my new setup? i have it all hooked up, with power, and the dang ide cable :mad: but do i need to partion it? or how do i go about it. I need the extra 200gigs!! thanks. :)

If you've got any other IDE drives/hdds, make sure you have the jumper (on the hdd) set to the correct setting in relation to it's position (slave or master) on the IDE cable. Or, you can just use the jumper option "CS" for cable select.

BTW: Sorry if you already have it working, but I'm not sure if you do or not...your wording seemed odd. If it is working, then follow ARs instructions for formatting above.

Back
Top Bottom