Adding an old Hard Drive to my current pc *Problem*

Dougizzle

Beta member
Hi, Im new around here so first of all i'll start by saying hello to everyone.

I took my PATA Harddrive out of my old pc and put it in my current pc and it works fine, automatically installed the drivers and so on. I have changed the admin settings on it so my current computers user account is the admin for the new Hard Drive too.
So i can now open all the folders etc but the pictures them selves that i want to have a look at are saying i dont have permission. Anyone know if there is an easy fix for this? for some reason there is one picture out of all of the pictures in that folder that i can view and i can view screen shots from one of the game folders.

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated :)

Thanks

(I located it in the 'Hardware' section as the problem is the result of a hardware change'

WHen you say you made yourself the admin of it on the new (current) computer, did you take ownership, change permissions, or both? Usually, you need to do both.

It would appear that i have set myself to admin and 'allowed' all permissions.

The message im getting when i try to open the picture is ' Photo Gallery can't open this picture because you do not have permission to access the file location'

Id post a pic of the settings but i dont have photobucket etc

Ok right iv tried 'replacing the ownership of all containables' and get an access denied error halfway through the ownership transfer

Back
Top Bottom