adding hardware

myys

Solid State Member
I just purchased a used Argus DC2200 digital camera which came without the software. I was given a site to download the driver:

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=387257

As a novice, I've had a horrendous time trying to get my Windows XP home to locate the drivers after downloading. I put them in a temporary file but the message was negative on finding the driver. Is there anywhere I can go to find out how/where I should download this file? Does it matter that this is a zip file?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated,
Thanking you in advance for your time.

myys

Yeah, you'll have to first unzip the file.

Windows should be able to do this, so unzip it first into a folder, and then check to see if you can run it. Hopefully its a EXE file, so it'll install automatically.

If this isn't the case and because it probably connects with USB, connect the camera up. Windows should detect it and then ask for drivers.
Click to 'Install from a specific Location' and search for the folder using Browse.
You should then be able to click on the file within the folder (should be an .inf file, if its not exe) and then it should install it for you :) Then restart and it should be done!

Hope this helps

adding digital Argus camera

Thank you for your speedy response!!! As a novice, I'm completely exhausted with trying to get this thing to operate properly. When I try it again I'll log all the responses.

I appreciate your help more than you will ever know.
Again thank you,

myys

Hey, no probs :)

You'll get it working, dont worry. Keep us posted! :p

Argus DC2200 digital camera drivers

Thank you so much for your help. After many hours of attempting to understand this zip file etc.. Finally, by accident I the computer recognized the camera & the zip file unzipped & all is well!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Kewl :D No problems mate :)

If anymore problems occur, you know where to find the computer forums :p

Argus DC2200 Camera

Thank you, I'll do just that everyone has been very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom