Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Adding a GPU to a HP p7-1380t

Hey everyone! I'm looking for a budget gaming machine, and I've been looking at the HP p7-1330t

HP Pavilion p7-1380t Desktop PC | HP® Official Store

It doesn't have a dedicated GPU, but at only $499, I'd be getting a lot of what I need. It would seem I'd only need to add a beefier PSU and a GPU, which I've decided on the GTX 660. It all fits my <$800 budget. My question here is, is the motherboard included, the H-joshua-h61-uATX, going to provide the ability to upgrade later on? The computer i have now is a terrible gaming machine, and I can't upgrade it because my mobo just doesn't support any better processors.
Also, i realize the i5-3570 is more ideal for gaming than the i5-3330 that's in this HP. Newegg has an iBUYPOWER model going for $629, but the GPU included is an AMD Radeon HD 7770, and although that seems like a good price for the machine, I wouldn't still be able to buy the GTX 660 to put in it, i'd have to stick with the AMD.

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE769D3 Desktop PC - Newegg.com

Which computer should perform better? And be better suited for upgrades later on, if any? I'm not very knowledgeable and am asking a lot of questions to a lot of people. Anyone with expertise in this area, your input would be very appreciated!

mattalicious93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
Baseband Member
Default Re: Adding a GPU to a HP p7-1380t

I buy power will by far, dont go with hp

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

build your own actually- save alot of $ and customize it
justykumbusty is offline   Reply With Quote