Adding another hard drive problem

Mikey1

In Runtime
I just put another hard drive in the computer and it says it is booting from the cd( windows) but it just stops there. I would like to have 2 hard drives but i dont really know what to do.

Check in the bios that it's showing both drives, if not check to see that you've set the small jumpers on the end of the hard drives to the correct settings e.g primary drive set to master, secondary drive to slave or if you have CD/DVD drives etc on the same IDE cable as the hard drives make sure the jumpers arn't set the same, as this will cause you problems.

BullDog(UK)

Mikey said:
what do u mean slave?

On the hard drive you should see a small jumper (normally black) which looks like it can go in 3 different places, on the hard drive should be written Master / Slave / Cable select. For the Primary drive (one with the operating system on) set it to master, if your new hard drive is on the same IDE cable set that to slave. If the new hard drives on the cable that a CD/DVD drive is on, change the jumper on the new drive to a setting that not the same as the CD/DVD drive.

BullDog(UK)

Back
Top Bottom