ADD RAM Acer Aspire ONE d270-1824

That link I posted to crucial's website is probably about as cheap as you'll get it. They have free shipping too if you don't mind waiting a bit.

As I said before, make sure you remove all the extra programs that came installed. This will probably make a bigger difference than the extra memory, though 2GB really is necessary for windows 7.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's wrong. 2GB is the max. Just look at that link I posted before.

EDIT: Here's an instructional video. IDK what the hell acer was thinking when they designed this thing. Every netbook I've ever used had a panel on the bottom to access memory by just removing one screw.

How to upgrade ram of acer aspire happy d270 netbook keyboard harddrive - YouTube

Yeah every netbook/laptop I've looked at has a hatch under the bottom to open and 64bit versions Windows require 2GB ram..

What programs that acer put on this laptop should I uninstall? I dont want all the junk on there but have no clue how to take it off?

Thanks for the help by the way

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Like it came with mcaffee secuirty, but it expired. I should remove this correct? Are there any good free antivirus joints?

Use Microsoft security essentials for an antivirus. Mcaffee is horrible.

To remove the programs, run something called "pc decrapifier" (Google it) and remove anything you don't need that came preinstalled. The goal Is to get your system as streamlIned as possIble wIthout removIng anythIng you need. Alternatively you could acquire a stock windows 7 image and format. This is the best option, but will be far more trouble than just uninstalling anything it will let you.

Back
Top Bottom