ActiveX gone beserk !!

ForeverProvence

Beta member
Hello There. I hope you can help me. The problem is I can't gain access to my C drive, when I try to I receive the following message "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?" When i click yes absolutely nothing happens, there's just a white screen where all the icons should be. Also I've lost my screen wallpaper, again all I'm getting is a white screen, but strangely enough the wallpaper is visible for a few seconds when i boot up or shut down. These problems occured since my comp was attacked by loads of viruses from a rogue prog I downloaded from one of those crack sites, I know that'll teach me I guess ! I'm running Windows ME by the way. All and any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Well, you MAY want to re-format. Or else, download AVG Antivirus, Ad-Aware and Spybox Search and Destroy.

yeah umm i had the same problem man. i'm sorry to say that your going to have to reformat your C: Drive. i hated that and i was stupid enough to install the Active X toolbar on those crack sites. my advice is to back up all your files on CDs/DVDs and reformat it. no matter how many virus scans you do its not going to go away.

I've tried everything, cleaned the registry, reset Explorer security settings but still no use. Looks like the trojans have won. I'll have to re-format now i guess. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom