active partition

wahowee

Baseband Member
Im having trouble with regards to my new HD that i bought.
i had a friend of mine pertitioned it in 3 partitions.
the problem is i can't seem to install windows OS XP, win7, etc... on the drive C of my new HD.
when i checked on DISK manage (i was booting with my old HD)...the drive C (which is now being showned as drive F because i was booting with my old HD) of my new HD is not active. i'm not seem to able to set it as an active partion so that i can install an OS on it. i already formated the C of my new HD but still when i right click on it there is no option to click for "set partition as active".
when i booted up using the windows installer .. after installation initialized..
i do see the 3 partitions of my new HD. but when i tried to select the C: to install the windows OS. there is a message that "drive is dynamic in a 3 partition cannot proceed installation bla bla bla ..." showing some kind a like its an unknown drive or something.
please help me. i really wanna get rid of my old HD that has so many bad sectors on it and used my new HD only. but im not able to install an OS on drive C of my the new HD that was partitioned in 3 already...

Back
Top Bottom