Acronis(backing up files)?

shadygirl420

In Runtime
I just got this program and trying to figure out to use it. One thing I read in a tutorial, is that it is best to back up your data on an external hard drive. I backed up some of my movies just to test it out. I dont understand, it made it in to one file but its the same size as all of my movies. What would be the point of doing this, would it be the same if i just took and put all the same files on to the other hard drive? I thought the whole thing about backing up files is that it would compress it in to a smaller file and be able to burn them on disc. Please if anyone is fimilar with this program help me out to understand better. Thanks

Look in the options itself. It should offer compression somewhere in there. Seatools does and it's based off of Acronis so I'd be supprised if there are no compression options for you.

I use Acronis to back up my C: drive on my D: drive incase of failure.

This program isn't supposed to compress your files. Although I think there is a way of compressing the back up image. It backs them up, bit by bit, literally, and means that you can have Acronis access the backed up files should you need them.

I think there's better applications out there that will compress files ready for storage if thats what you need.

well what im looking at doing is reformatting my system and upgrading from xp to vista 64. i need to save all of my files so i can put them back on my computer once im done

Back
Top Bottom