Acer Monitor

computerunsavvy

Beta member
I am having trouble with my Acer AL1916AB LCD 19" Monitor. I just bought it a few hours ago, followed all the instructions on setting it up properly, and the first thing I noticed was that it was shakey, like when you have a cell phone near the computer. I first assumed it was the speakers as they were nearby, so I moved them further away. I also made sure there was nothing else that could disrupt it nearby too. I noticed that whenever I would load a program, the shakeyness would increase, especially Windows Media Player. I've checked a few help websites, and they all say to make sure speakers, magnets, cellphones, etc aren't close to it, well I've done all that and the problem hasn't gotten any better. The guys at the computer store said they prefer the monitor and they actually use it themselves, so I'm not too sketched about the Acer brand. Is there any technical stuff I can do to help fix it? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated as I am at my wit's end.

degaussing would probably help. Don't know if u can do it the same way with lcd monitors, but atleast on crt's u can just open the monitors menu (from the buttons on the monitor) and select degaussing.

I don't believe there is a degause in LCD monitors... They don't work in the same way, so don't have to be like that. but I'm not sure if they still get affected by devices and what not.

I'd simply take the monitor back and get a replacement. It seems to be corrupting the signal. Maybe the wire is damaged, and so is unshielding it going into it from your graphics card, which is letting other signals through causing the shakes.

Kage said:
I don't believe there is a degause in LCD monitors... They don't work in the same way, so don't have to be like that. but I'm not sure if they still get affected by devices and what not.

I'd simply take the monitor back and get a replacement. It seems to be corrupting the signal. Maybe the wire is damaged, and so is unshielding it going into it from your graphics card, which is letting other signals through causing the shakes.
I'll confirm it. LCD do not have Degauss options.

As for screen, mine, with a cellphone (Not mine...and I'll never get one), mine doesn't do anything.
Return it....it seems some mechanical mistake happened, making it shaky.

Thought not, because I've never seen or had any experience with that on my new LCD monitor.

Kage said:
Thought not, because I've never seen or had any experience with that on my new LCD monitor.
So, you finally got the color match from that old CRT white screen? :D

Your LCD monitor; it matches your PC setup color...black tower, black mouse, black screen, right?

Your ol' white CRT monitor...the thing that outstanded all that nice black.

Haha, actually, my monitors a beigey colour... and my case is a grey metal colour, and my speakers black. my mouse grey and blue... :p

Back
Top Bottom