Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-24-2016, 02:08 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default Acer Laptop Troubles

Hey guys. So Mum has been having increasing problems with her Acer laptop. Last night or the night before the trackpad was playing up, Restarted it and it stopped. Today the screen has been flickering and USB ports aren't detecting, So as a I write this my laptop and her laptop are connected directly to the router so I can backup her files and we will be returning her laptop to where it was purchased. I've also had to restore atleast 2-3 times since she got it and its not even 6 months since she purchased it and not taking any chances with it.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:03 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Acer Laptop Troubles

Yep if it's crap then it's crap. If it is under guarantee get it back and let them sort it. If you can, get your money back and buy another one. That sounds like it could be a bad joint on the MB and that can be a pig to repair succesfully. In my experience with a fault like that it's best not to trust a repair if you can replace.

I can never understand why people (not you BK you are taking your mum's back) come on to forums asking about faulty computers that are under guarantee. Just get it back and let them sort it although I do appreciate that that can be difficult if you have bought online.

pete.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
Solid State Member

No more acer for me

Bought a new Aspire E-17 7 months ago and now it's toast. Started off fine then within a week or so it would start freezing up now and then having to reboot to get it going again. Then some keys started malfunctioning. By the time the hardrive bit the dust 3 keys would hardly work.

Guy I bought it from said acer wouldn't honor the warranty cause it had a scratch on the screen and some other wear marks. Will never do business again w/him OR acer

Piece of junk from the getgo - a $500.- lesson in life I reckon
antonhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #4
The Candy Man

I have a HP laptop that I purchased at a pawn shop for 240$ , and that was 6 years ago....and i never had any problems with it.

I also bought me another laptop from the same pawn shop, and it works great. i'm just saving it for a back up computer.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:26 AM   #5
Golden Master

I HP is a brand I trust and Asus too. In my experience Acer has been up and down.