Acer aspire series any good??

The_fall

Beta member
Ive had my Acer laptop for a while now but am curious as to what the general consensus on them is??

For anyone who has one how do i stop the Acer empowered technology toolbar automatically booting up when i turn on the PC?

It wont allow me to deactivate it in 'manage startup programms'

to be honest I find my Acer model to be pretty crud, simple programs ie MSword crash and stall regularly. for some reason things i have written on wordpad will load up in MSword. Any way to stop this?

I have an Acer aspire 3000 and I think its...decent... its okay to use for a short time but it overheats very easily. Once it has even burned me and when it does get a little hot, it shuts down completely. Right now I'm having issues with charging. The light for the battery flashes but then goes out while its plugged into the wall. Do you think I need a new battery or ac adapter? :/

I recently worked on a customers Acer lappy a few weeks ago. Final word: it was a POS. It overheated and the battery drained very quick on the "power saver" mode. It took forever to boot up (and that was AFTER my clean install of their O/S, Vista), and the DVD drive was THE noisiest I had ever heard in my life...it sounds like a floppy drive. Some may have better luck with them, but I will never buy, nor recommend an Acer to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom