Acer Aspire one problem

JohnRossDele

Solid State Member
Hi all?

i have an acer aspire one for a week and a half and a problem has already occured! :confused:

when it boots up it goes to the blue screen with aspire one at the bottom right then takes 2 minutes to get to the black screen with the small flashing line at the top left :confused:

how can i fix it! :eek: :confused: :(

What OS was it running before it crapped out on you? I have the exact same netbook and I wiped out the HDD and set it up to dual boot Windows 7 and Linux Mint. (Installed both using bootable USB flash drives since there is no optical drive). I bought mine new and have never had an issue with it so far. I'd try reinstalling the OS, since it looks like your machine is not properly reading the MBR.

Sounds like you screwed up the bootloader. Try putting in a windows disk and clicking restore windows.

I have seen some Linux netbooks do something very similar. It typically has to do with updates to the software that the netbooks cannot handle. Even if this is an XP netbook, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same kinds of problems occur with software updates. Netbooks are pretty new hardware wise, and software problems are still occuring daily where I work.

Does it boot into the operating system after that 2 minute delay? Or does it just sit there with a black screen and white flashing underscore?

Back
Top Bottom