Acer Aspire One blank screen

Ozzy

Beta member
Hey guys, new here ive been kind of just looking through these forums for a while but never really needed to do anything to hard on a computer to get confused..Until now! Heres the deal, I got an Acer Aspire One AOD250 netbook from a cousin because it will not power up. I have the battery in, and plug in cord, it will charge and then show a green light when full. So I took it all apart and made sure everything was connected good and it is. I have also tried putting in a new stick of ram, tried holding the button for 30 seconds to drain battery all that!! even tried to update the BIOS which did not work but was able to turn it on. When I hold Fn+esc and plug in my charger with the battery on, power light flashes and it comes on. But the screen does not come on and neither do any of the leds, although i can hear the fan turning and the screen turns different shades of black a couple times when you first turn it on. Anybody know what could be the problem? Sorry for the long post!

Maybe the lid switch is broken? I get this idea from the leds not turning on. When you say the screen turns different shades of black are you saying the backlight is coming on?

thats correct, I can see a light shade of black then it kinda flashes and then wont turn on

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

but i have tried connecting to external monitor but still nothing

Definately sounds like there is a problem with the motherboard/on board graphics. Before you took everything apart, was there anything coming on?

nope nothing would come on except the charging light. and the only way i am able to turn it on is if i take out the battery, hold fn and esc, then plug in charger which i guess jumpstarts it. debating on whether to buy the motherboard for 70 on ebay or just not fix it because i have several other computers

Back
Top Bottom