Acer Aspire e5-774 not turning on?

MLGranny

Beta member
The laptop was working fine yesterday morning. When I last used them the power was at about 70%. I tried to use him again 4 hours later, but he wouldn't turn on. I have tried an ESD, nothing. There is power on the motherboard. When the power adapter is plugged in, there is a continuous clicking sound on the motherboard and it heats up quite quickly. None of the LED's are on, the fan doesn't work, there's no sign of power. Also tried taking out the ram, putting it back in or putting it in the other socket, didn't work as well. What else can I do to try to fix this?
The laptop is only 6 months old.

I'm not familiar with the laptop or the problem, but did you do anything before this started to happen?

I'm not familiar with the laptop or the problem, but did you do anything before this started to happen?

Nothing special. I did have to force to power off the laptop while it was doing an update, because I had to leave and wasn't able to wait until the update is finished.

Needless to say, you shouldn't do that. However, it doesn't seem related.

What do you mean by "I have tried an ESD"? What do you mean by "there is power on the motherboard"? How do you know the sound comes from the motherboard? Is it from the speaker?

Needless to say, you shouldn't do that. However, it doesn't seem related.

What do you mean by "I have tried an ESD"? What do you mean by "there is power on the motherboard"? How do you know the sound comes from the motherboard? Is it from the speaker?
I removed the battery, pushed the power button and so on, basically the thing that everyone tells everybody to do if their computer doesn't start.
As soon as I plug in the charger, I can hear the clicking sound from the motherboard.
No there's not a "real" sound, so to say. There's just a continuous clicking sound while the charger is plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom