Acer 2420 laptop won't boot bios

saltyone

Beta member
When I start the phoenix bios screen comes up and the blue progress bar stalls and freezes. I've tried different F keys to no avail. I pulled the back and disconnected the cmos battery for a minute and that worked but it is doing it again. The case wont stand up to me yanking on it every time I need to use it so I need a more permanent solution.

So you have tried all F keys and non of them works.
Then there can only be 2 possible key left to access the bios. Try delete and Esc

kaiser, since you are new, we don't appreciate or approve of posts where you throw out a "fanboy" opinion without backing it up with some kind of credible evidence. Especially when it has no bearing to the OP. So far you seem to be doing a lot of that.

forum rules said:
Do not start or participate in brand wars, i.e. my XXX brand is better than your XXXX brand without facts/benchmarks to support such an argument. The difference between an Nvidia 9800 GX2 and an ATI/AMD 4850 are documented and objective. Differences between PC and MAC are subjective and should be avoided.

yeah rules are rules.

i wouldn't say they company is junk. i favor other companies over acer for most products and pricepoints, but they don't exactly suck.

yeah rules are rules.

i wouldn't say they company is junk. i favor other companies over acer for most products and pricepoints, but they don't exactly suck.

I know of alot of people who have bought acer stuff and it hasn't lasted 6 months. literally only worth throwing in the garbage.

I really feel bad for people who spend hard earned money on throwaway garbage.

Desktop computers are all pretty reliable hardware wise. It's those Laptop computers people mostly seem to have problems with.

I generally find it is those 400 to 500 pound marks ones that don't seem to last more than 12 months without the develop serious overheating and mechanical failures.

I only use Desktop computers. They are more reliable and much more user serviceable.

IMO and this is only my opinion, these Laptops that people buy for 400 to 500 are seriously not designed for these newer operating systems such as Windows Vista,7 and 8.

Alot of times I see people running like 50 to 60 processes on their little laptop computers and they complain to me their laptop is running slow......bearing in mind some of these people are running i3 processors with like 4 gig of Ram.

When people buy computers they don't get an instruction manual with them on how to use the OS the computer comes with.

Most people don't even know what MS config is!

It is good that there are forums like this on the internet to help folks out with their computer problems.

you are kinda changing subject half way threw you post. i'll focus on the first part sense that was the subject that started the conversation.

Well that is a problem that can happen to all computers, and not only a specific brand (which i know you are aware of).
you have to think about both Acer, Asus, MSI, HP and so on all use 3-party hardware. They use CPU's from ether Intel or AMD. They use Corsair, kingston, GSkill or some other for RAM (except DELL and Samsung, sense they make their own RAM). They use graphic chips from ether Nvidia or AMD (or internal GPU's located in the CPU's) The use their own motherboard, but that is still partly build up by 3-party technology from companies like TP-Link or Intel for networking and realtech for audio. the IO controllers are also ether Intel or AMD's. The screens are usually Sony, Samsung or some other.

some people that have had a bad experience with a device blame 100% the company (not looking at them self) and swore that they will never buy something from that company again. My sister at some point said that she will never buy HP again. I had a talk with her about why that was a unintelligent thing to say due to the fact that she only had a bad experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom