accidentally deleted my wireless software!

sh7174

Beta member
I have a Dell Inspiron lap top and I have deleted the Intel Pro Wireless program from my computer. I meant to delete a program that I thought was a substitute wireless program. I am using my desktop.. is there a way to download wireless software, copy it to a disc, and use the disc to install it to my lap top? I don't know how to pick up wireless signals without my old intel software that came with the computer. I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

The only thing you could try for something other then using the system recovery option bringing it all back to factory would reviewing the update section at Dell's support site or Intel even for possibly downloading it as a separate item.

Something like that is prepackaged with the rest of the softwares that come included. Creating a set of recovery disks may be a thought as well for manually browsing the one or more disks to manually start the setup for it once you find the main setup folder.

You should be able to download the software. Which Intel Pro Wireless is it?

Go to THIS link and find your wireless card under the wireless section. Then choose your OS and it will bring up all of drivers/tools/apps.

Dell should have all the current drivers for every computer model in their range.

Can't you just get an old wired microsoft mouse from an old computer. In my house I have like 5 spare mice including some expensive ones that I don't use anymore.

OK!! this may or may not help. Worth a try. Insert your DELL resources CD into the disc drive, and check the list of drivers on the list. If what you need is there, click on it and click INSTALL. I have just re-formatted my hard drive and had to manually install the drivers for my keyboard, ethernet and sound. Running the resources CD will not install the drivers automatically.

Can't you just get an old wired microsoft mouse from an old computer. In my house I have like 5 spare mice including some expensive ones that I don't use anymore.

sh7174 is talking wireless connection not a cordless mouse.

OK!! this may or may not help. Worth a try. Insert your DELL resources CD into the disc drive, and check the list of drivers on the list. If what you need is there, click on it and click INSTALL. I have just re-formatted my hard drive and had to manually install the drivers for my keyboard, ethernet and sound. Running the resources CD will not install the drivers automatically.

Most new models out at this time lack any disks. You simply press a key combo at post to see the entire installation of everything redone. If no disks came with the model then creating a set for backup off of the recovery partition or going direct for a download are the best options.

Dell will have that programs install file availbe for download on their site. Just search for your model on dell's site, or tell it to use and we can give you the link. It will either be under "Networking" or "Software"

Back
Top Bottom