Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default accidentally deleted my wireless software!

I have a Dell Inspiron lap top and I have deleted the Intel Pro Wireless program from my computer. I meant to delete a program that I thought was a substitute wireless program. I am using my desktop.. is there a way to download wireless software, copy it to a disc, and use the disc to install it to my lap top? I don't know how to pick up wireless signals without my old intel software that came with the computer. I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

sh7174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: accidentally deleted my wireless software!

The only thing you could try for something other then using the system recovery option bringing it all back to factory would reviewing the update section at Dell's support site or Intel even for possibly downloading it as a separate item.

Something like that is prepackaged with the rest of the softwares that come included. Creating a set of recovery disks may be a thought as well for manually browsing the one or more disks to manually start the setup for it once you find the main setup folder.

Dodge1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
In Runtime

Use system restore, take it back a day.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

You should be able to download the software. Which Intel Pro Wireless is it?

Go to THIS link and find your wireless card under the wireless section. Then choose your OS and it will bring up all of drivers/tools/apps.
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Dell should have all the current drivers for every computer model in their range.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Can't you just get an old wired microsoft mouse from an old computer. In my house I have like 5 spare mice including some expensive ones that I don't use anymore.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
Solid State Member

OK!! this may or may not help. Worth a try. Insert your DELL resources CD into the disc drive, and check the list of drivers on the list. If what you need is there, click on it and click INSTALL. I have just re-formatted my hard drive and had to manually install the drivers for my keyboard, ethernet and sound. Running the resources CD will not install the drivers automatically.
Valvoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
Can't you just get an old wired microsoft mouse from an old computer. In my house I have like 5 spare mice including some expensive ones that I don't use anymore.
sh7174 is talking wireless connection not a cordless mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvoline View Post
OK!! this may or may not help. Worth a try. Insert your DELL resources CD into the disc drive, and check the list of drivers on the list. If what you need is there, click on it and click INSTALL. I have just re-formatted my hard drive and had to manually install the drivers for my keyboard, ethernet and sound. Running the resources CD will not install the drivers automatically.
Most new models out at this time lack any disks. You simply press a key combo at post to see the entire installation of everything redone. If no disks came with the model then creating a set for backup off of the recovery partition or going direct for a download are the best options.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Dell will have that programs install file availbe for download on their site. Just search for your model on dell's site, or tell it to use and we can give you the link. It will either be under "Networking" or "Software"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

When arriving at the Dell support site, http://support.dell.com/support/down...=us&l=en&s=gen you'll have to go through the selection process for laptop, series, and then pick the model number you have there.