Accessing other comps/files?

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
I might not be the most computer literate person around, but I'll swear you can connect to another computer/files by IP address..This true.. I'm home now, but is it possible to connect to the comp at my workplace and access files rather than driving down there...

This possible or did I somehow confuse myself somewhere with something else.?

If this is possible, How do you do it.?

AmericanSensei

Although this won't help you out much because I don't know how but I do know that you can do it. Don't worry, your not going crazy just wait for a guru to come and explain how. My dad had a program for a while that he used to get stuff from his work.

In a sense, it is true. But only if you are within the same network. The only exception would be that there was a person on the other computer with admin priviledges, that allowed you to access...as in "remote access"
In the way that you are talking... There are some good virtual network programs from third parties that you can sign up to. Both computers must be sign up for the program..
"pc anywhere" is probably the most popular.

edit> to just log into another computer from outside would require that all protection be removed from the computer. The third party programs are secured network hosting sites to grt around this issue<

lurkswithin said:
In a sense, it is true. But only if you are within the same network. The only exception would be that there was a person on the other computer with admin priviledges, that allowed you to access...as in "remote access"
In the way that you are talking... There are some good virtual network programs from third parties that you can sign up to. Both computers must be sign up for the program..
"pc anywhere" is probably the most popular.

edit> to just log into another computer from outside would require that all protection be removed from the computer. The third party programs are secured network hosting sites to grt around this issue<

Yeah, that's the program I was thinking of....couldn't you just log into it on Friday's after work that way you'd be logged on all weekend (or whenever your away from the office)? I think that's what my dad's company did.

Back
Top Bottom