Accessing network from...anywhere..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Hey well, you know that you can store all your music, pictures etc on a different computer on the network, then use your computer to access them, is there any way of accessing your home network from a different location, providing you had an internet connection, I say this because I would like to be able to access my music from school, on my friends old laptop, which has got a 12GB HDD. Im willing to do anything to do this...apart from buy anything..!

Any help is most appriciated

James

you can use remote desktop if i am not wrong. cant do it on school pcs though as it will be blocked. remote desktop is also only on windows xp (and the other latest windows versions) but there are free programs to access your pc from another location that are basically the same thing. google em!!

I dont want to be able to remote control my computer from a remote location, I want to be able to play the music, on my network, from a different network.

isnt that just the same thing. control your pc to get onto your network then play the music.................... i know its not actually the same thing but it does the same thing. dont know of any other way so wait for more help

No! LOL grrr :p

Computer (All my music)
Laptop..

I am on my laptop at school, computer at home..

I want to connect to my computer, through my laptop, and play my music, through my laptop - not through my computer... ill google and see what I can find.

There is a program called Net2go anywhere, where you can access your files on your home network, which is what I think you are basically asking.

Remember that if you are looking to stream audio from your home network you will need a reasonably speedy upload speed, usually on most UK isp's its limited to about 128k, I think that Bulldog offers up to 512k.

Anyway I digress, the link to this software is below, I think there is a trial version, but you will have to pay at some point.

Net2go

Hope that helps

cant you just get hold of an ipod or a usb stick. i would find that much easier :D

GlasseyeUK said:
There is a program called Net2go anywhere, where you can access your files on your home network, which is what I think you are basically asking.

Remember that if you are looking to stream audio from your home network you will need a reasonably speedy upload speed, usually on most UK isp's its limited to about 128k, I think that Bulldog offers up to 512k.

Anyway I digress, the link to this software is below, I think there is a trial version, but you will have to pay at some point.

Net2go

Hope that helps

Were with NTL, its all we can get for our budget and area, and the upload speed is ok, we've recently been upgraded because we have been there so long! Thanks for the link, ill look into that

dude1234> Yeah, that would be nice, but I would have to steal one..Im skint! And the only memory stick i've got at the moment is 512MB, and ive got like 20GB of music!

Thanks for the response guys, and Im sorry if I confused you all along the line.

:)
Thanks, i'll look into Net2Go

Back
Top Bottom