Access denied in Disk Management in Vista

Stiffler1470

In Runtime
Hey, I am trying to shrink my C: drive, partition, using the disk management option in Vista. I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit. First, it says that i can only shrink it by about 4 gigs, but i have over 200 gigs on a 320 gig HDD free. But when i try to shrink it by that 4 gigs, it stalls for a bit, thinking that i was shrinking it, then it just gives an access denied window. First, how can i get around this and second, how i can i increase the amount to shrink from 4 gigs to something like 50 gigs?
I am the administrator of the computer.
Thanks!

Still nothing. Tried going under net user admin but still nothing. Tried turning of indexing but still access denied.

I have had the same problem, umm dam man, I can't figure it out.

You could try a program that will split your harddrive into partitions: Paragon's Partition Manager

Do you know about downloading?

try using a partition manager such as easus
i find it works better when you run it off another os/partition, but it may work for you. i just find the vista one a little too basic for my needs.

Well, if i need to use a third party program, what works best with Vista? I want to partition my HDD so i can dual boot Xp and Vista.

Back
Top Bottom