Access.

sherwood

In Runtime
Hey all,

I am in my final year at high school doing my GCSE and in Applied ICT we have been set to do a database project using Access. We got told to do our project on either a local business or make something up. I decided to got for a local business and I chose the brewery John Smiths as I live in the same town as it and my dad works there. So I asked him if there was anything I could do a database on and he said yes to do an action plan. You would think a business like John Smith would already use databases but no I got told that they use Spreadsheets which he found very slow. So if I do complete this database it will be used all around the plant.

Also I do not have a good understanding of Access as we have not been told anything about it. So I could do with some help. I am basing this database on a spreadsheet that is already been used and basically what the spreadsheet does is records different things that people need to or are in the process of doing. And what the database needs to be able to do is for the different people to be able to put in the actions they are going to be done and that means have drop down boxes for them to use and so on. But is it possible to make that happen? Also I have tried to do the drop down boxes and it was a lot of work as I would have to type in a lot of things indervidualy. So is there anyway to import data from some of the spread sheet to use in these boxes?

I know this may seem a lot of a thread to ask that but as the year progress I made need some more help.

I hope that all makes sense :)

Back
Top Bottom