AC radiator form car for computer?

amp27

Daemon Poster
iv got a ac raditor from my car. about 2 by 3 feet. have people ever used something like this. it would make more sense then using LN. and plus it would be more user friendly then have to keep pouring LN into your pc.

I thought about this, using conventional liquid, using a smallish cooling radiator and the fan from a car with a couple of Laing D5 pumps. Using the fan will create some noise but I would've built a temperature controller for it.

Then I would've housed it in it's own enclosure on wheels.

people who make custom pc water cooling systems already do something like this, when making their own radiator they use the heater core from some car (80s camaro is the best one to use or something like that). Supposedly it works very well for that purpose so you could probably do something similar with the radiator you'd like to use.

iv got a ac raditor from my car. about 2 by 3 feet. have people ever used something like this. it would make more sense then using LN. and plus it would be more user friendly then have to keep pouring LN into your pc.

You're thinking of phase change cooling.

I thought about this, using conventional liquid, using a smallish cooling radiator and the fan from a car with a couple of Laing D5 pumps. Using the fan will create some noise but I would've built a temperature controller for it.

Then I would've housed it in it's own enclosure on wheels.

So basically a liquid cooling loop with an external radiator?

people who make custom pc water cooling systems already do something like this, when making their own radiator they use the heater core from some car (80s camaro is the best one to use or something like that). Supposedly it works very well for that purpose so you could probably do something similar with the radiator you'd like to use.

Heater cores do work well, but due to their very high fin density you need high static pressure, high RPM fans for it to be worth it.

in the summer i would just have the radiator part on a long hose. i could have it outside.(what would people walking by think?) in the winter i could just set it outside my window when in use. hell maybe ill run some type of antifreeze in it. or when im serious i could put it in a bath of ice water.

ill have to try it when i get older and have the money to blow. o someone here could. ill mail you the radiator. just pay shipping. ill even include the line that bolt to it.

Back
Top Bottom